Sunday 6 July 2014

Italy

Group D - ITALY

What is it?
Coffee with fette biscottate. I used a tea rusk to represent this, being the closest equivalent I could find.

How was it?

Too slight, too brief. Not enough going on, here. The coffee was great, but my stomach was not convinced. That biscuit should not have been the centrepiece for any kind of meal, let alone breakfast. Barely any flavour, barely any consistency, barely any hope of getting me ready for the rest of the day.

Overall thoughts:
This is no way to start your day. Perhaps midway through the morning, but first thing I want something a little more substantial, thank-you very much.

I had originally failed to find any kind of rusk-like biscuits for this breakfast, and so I originally ate a pain au chocolate with my coffee, to mimic the stylings of the cornetto. This was much better. Pastries are probably the way for the Italians if they’re going to insist on small breakfasts.

If it was an Italian footballer?

Lauded in his homeland, impotent in the World Cup. We’re looking at Ciro Immobile.



No comments:

Post a Comment